Will I Be Covered If I Ride A Scooter, Moped Or Motorcycle While Overseas?

In order to be covered under a 1Cover policy, when driving a motorcycle, you need to hold a current New Zealand motorcycle licence. If you are in control of a motorcycle or scooter with an engine capacity greater than 50cc than a motorcycle licence is mandatory.

To check if your licence is valid in the country you are travelling to we recommend that you check with the consulate of that country.

You also need to be aware that cover will not be provided to you if you are a passenger on a moped, scooter or motorcycle with the person in control not having a valid motorcycle licence valid for the country you are travelling in.

Please note that is compulsory to wear a helmet while riding a motorbike or scooter in many countries including Bali, Cambodia and Thailand. 1Cover advises you to wear a compliant motorbike helmet whenever you are a rider or passenger on a scooter or motorbike. 

Get A Quote

Get In Touch

seconds ago
a minute ago
minutes ago
an hour ago
hours ago
a day ago
days ago
Invalid characters found